Shamelessly lifted from the Ivy Style web log, as submitted by its readers, here are 15 tips for incoming college freshmen, culled and collected for their wisdom and wit.
- Fake it ’til you make it. No one will know the difference.
- Don’t waste your youth growing up.
- The high school dress code you hated will make you better-dressed than 90% of your classmates.
- If it’ll make a better story… do it.
- To be successful, you cannot multi-task. You must concentrate on one thing at a time.
- Learn to tell a story, cook an omelette, charm a lady, and dress with style.
- It is who you know; make a good first impression.
- Get a haircut.
- Be careful with your reputation; it’s easy to lose, hard to recover.
- You can pay for school, but you can’t buy class.
- It’s not just who you know; it’s who knows you.
- Your parents were right when they lectured you about work ethic and grades.
- Your permanent record will last about as long as your hairline.
- You’ll never live so close to so many good friends again.